Diversity and representation Policy
The organisers aim to achieve a high level of diversity in speakers to reflect the diverse accelerator community. This is achieved by consideration of regional, gender and career level during development of the scientific programme. Gender diversity is for SRF2019 targeted to be at least as high as the proportion of women in physics (currently 20%)
The venue is fully accessible for those with disabilities. Additional assistance for accessibility needs can be arranged via contact with the conference organizing team. For all enquiries regarding accessibility and support, please contact: email@example.com
Non-discrimination and anti-harassment policy
- SRF2019 is committed to providing a conference experience where everyone is treated with respect, free from discrimination or harassment or bullying for any reason; for example, because of race, colour, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national or cultural origin, religion, creed, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, age, disability or handicap, physical appearance, body size, genetic information, political affiliation, matriculation, veteran or military status, marital status, citizenship status or socio-economic status, or on any other legally prohibited basis.
- Discrimination or harassment or bullying of conference participants will not be tolerated in any form. Conference participants violating this rule may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
- Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments, sexual images visible in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Exhibitors in the Industrial Exhibition are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexual images, activities, or other material in their displays. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexual clothing, uniforms, costumes, or otherwise create a sexualized environment.
- If a participant engages in discriminatory, harassing or bullying behaviour, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the conference with no refund. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of conference staff immediately.
- Conference staff will be happy to help participants contact hotel/venue security or local law enforcement, provide security escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the conference. We value your attendance.
- Participants are expected to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events.
The organizers are not liable for damages and/or losses of any kind which may be incurred by the conference delegates or by any other individuals accompanying them, both during the official activities as well as going to/from the conference. Delegates are responsible for their own travel and belongings.